Chickpeas also known as garbanzo beans have been associated with a number of possible health benefits. Because chickpeas are a good source of protein, carbohydrates, and fiber. Chickpeas help to increase satiety, boost digestion, keep blood sugar levels stable, increase protection against disease and more. Chickpeas have been a part of certain traditional diets for over 7,500 years! There is almost no part of the world where chickpeas aren’t enjoyed, so try now our coconut chickpeas curry with original sea salt toasted coconut chips.
Serves: 4 Person
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Estimated time: 20 minutes
4 tablespoons coconut oil Sauce pan
1 medium onion, diced small Pan
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons curry powder
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
400 g coconut milk
1 can chickpeas
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Pook Original Sea salt Coconut Chips
1. In a large sauce pan heat the coconut oil over low heat.
2. Add in the onions, garlic, curry powder and crushed red pepper flakes and cook over medium then low heat for about 3 minutes.
3. Then add in the parsley, coconut milk and chickpeas and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Lastly, add in the lemon juice and cook for 1 minute more. Taste, season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
5. When ready to serve, for a crunchy pinch, combine with original sea salt coconut chips.